LYNX The Text Web-Browser
Quick Notes on Lynx web browser -
- Lynx is a customizable text-based web browser for use on cursor-addressable character-cell terminals. It is the oldest web browser still in general use and active development, having started in 1992.
- Version –
- current developmental version - 2.8.9
- current available version - 2.8.8
- Download Resources - http://lynx.invisible-island.net/current/
- Lynx Help - http://lynx.invisible-island.net/release/lynx_help/lynx_help_main.html
- Current versions of Lynx run on UNIX, VMS, Windows3.x/9x/NT and later, 386DOS and OS/2 EMX.
- Lynx is a fully-featured World Wide Web (WWW) client for users running cursor-addressable, character-cell display devices.
- It is definitely not a user-friendly tool but it can be used for testing the content in a similar way like the crawlers do for Google.
- Validate options are handy to test the protocols and Content quality.