Invalid mime type detected | Joomla
We can fix Invalid mime type either fixing your file's extension or format or update Legal Extensions.
- Disable "check mime types" in the Media Options. or
- Update in Legal extensions: bmp,csv,doc,gif,ico,jpg,jpeg,odg,odp,ods,odt,pdf,png,ppt,swf,txt,xcf,xls,BMP,CSV,DOC,GIF,ICO,JPG,JPEG,ODG,ODP,ODS,ODT,PDF,PNG,PPT,SWF,TXT,XCF,XLS
- Login to your Joomla Backend.
- Go to System Menu and select Global Configuration.
- Under component menus, select Media.
- In the Media Section, Select Ignored Extensions.
- Type in the following text highlighted in application - /pdf,pdf,txt,text/plain.
Some sites do maintain very few allowed extensions for multiple reasons, Just renaming the file extension sometimes OS will update the image types as I showed below but for the other file types use converters to convert the files to intended extension.